Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
Every adult and child knows who Mickey and Minnie Mouse are so this theme is enjoyable for guests of all ages. The Minnie Mouse theme is quite versatile as you do not have to have everything with her picture on, you can change the angle that you can base your theme so that although it incorporates Minnie, it looks sophisticated i.e. red and white polka dots or pink bows.
Here are a few ideas to give you some inspiration when planning your Minnie mouse birthday party for your little mouseketeer:
Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Invitations:
The most common Minnie Mouse invite idea is to have Minnie’s face (or a silhouette) as the invite with the party details behind or inside the card. Alternatively, you can search for free printable Minnie Mouse party invitations online or if you don’t have the time or energy, there are plenty of ready made invites that you can buy both online and offline.
Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Decorations
The main colors to base your birthday theme on are pink, black, red and white although you can add splashes of yellow as she does tend to like her yellow shoes. Red and white spotted tablecloths add color and look great with simple centerpieces. There are also lots of dressing up attire available so you could dress the birthday child as Minnie or just buy the ears and gloves to make them feel extra special.
Minnie mouse birthday party games can include:
- Musical chairs whilst playing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse tune
- An activity table where they can decorate a Minnie facemask, headband or bow shaped hair clip with glitter, sequins, chalk, felt-tips, pompoms and other craft items.
- Pin the Bow on Minnie where you can buy a poster or draw a large picture of Minnie and pre-prepare bows with each child’s name on and some double-sided sticky tape on the back. They can then be blindfolded and try to get the bow in the right place. The child who gets it closest can win a prize or take home the poster if it is still in good condition.
- Face painting where the children are given the option to look like Minnie or be painted with red and white spots or just have a simple bow on their cheeks.
- Treasure Hunt – To help the children release some of their energy, plan a little treasure hunt to keep them busy. Spray paint dog bones in red and black (or red and white spots) and hide them within the play area so they can go and find ‘Pluto’s bone’.
Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Supplies
Minnie Mouse Party Food Ideas
You can buy a Minnie/Mickey cookie cutter and use it to cut the traditional foods like biscuits, pizza and sandwiches in Minnie’s which is also great as they are manageable for the children to hold and eat so there is less waste and mess. Other snack ideas include:
- Popcorn in red cones or made red by placing a few drops of red food coloring in the pan before popping them
- Apples on sticks coated in chocolate with chocolate coated marshmallows put on whilst still wet so they stick on as the two ears
- Hotdiggity Dogs (as in the famous Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song)
Minnie Mouse Party Favors
Disney Minnie Mouse Candy Bucket
Children are always pleased if they are given something to take home with them so when it is time to say goodbye to your little guests, gift them a little goodie bag full of inexpensive Disney items like coloring pages printed from the internet, stickers, hair accessories, watches and stationery.